As for matters of institutional competence, the Ministry for the Environment ensures Italy's contribution, to the negotiation process in the framework of the major international treaties and multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs).
The Italian Ministry for the Environment also participates in activities and specific programs promoted by major international organizations (primarily the United Nations), by their subsidiary bodies and by their institutes and specialized agencies, with a particular focus on environmental protection, sustainable development promotion and climate change contention. Through compulsory and/or voluntary contribution mechanisms, the Ministry co-finances the promotion of initiatives and projects aimed, in particular, on promoting clean technologies, energy saving, renewable energies and, in this perspective, new job opportunities and investments.
- CCAC - Climate and Clean Air Coalition Initiative
- FAO - Food and Agricultural Organization
- OSCE - Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- REC - Regional Environmental Center
- UN Environment - UNEP
- Mediterranean Investment Facility (Egitto)
- ‘Inquiry into the design of a sustainable financial system’
- Capacity Building in Macedonia, Bosnia Erzegovina e Serbia
- UNOPS - Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT)