On May 8th, 2017, in Buenos Aires, the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea (IMELS) and the Ministry of the Environment and Sustainable Development of the Republic of Argentina (MINAM) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the sector of vulnerability, risk management, adaptation and mitigation to climate change.
The Memorandum of Understanding identifies the following areas of cooperation:
• collection, analysis and communication of meteorological relevant data for the observation of the climate change and measurement of its impact;
• sustainable management of forests, deforestation, soil degradation and land conservation;
• promotion and development of economic and technological innovations for a low greenhouse gas emissions;
• promotion of renewable energy sources;
• integrated management of oceans and coastal areas;
• sustainable mobility and transport;
• integrated water management;
• integrated urban waste management.