A large and qualified Iranian delegation attended the 2017 edition of Ecomondo, the annual Fair of Green Economy based in Rimini (Italy), with the support of the Italian Ministry of Environment, Land and Sea (IMELS) and also in synergy with the ongoing project “Support to Iran’s SMEs through investment promotion and technology transfer in energy and environment” implemented by UNIDO-ITPO of Rome.
In the delegation, representatives from 9 Iranian small and medium enterprises working mainly in energy and environmental services sectors, but also in food, mechanical and advanced engineering services sectors.
During the Fair, the Iranian managers met exhibitors and representatives of Italian companies for a total of around 80 b2b meetings.
In the delegation also many high level representatives from Iranian institutions:
- Mr. Kaveh Madani, Deputy Head of the Department of Environment
- Mr. Asghar Mohammadi Fazel, president of the ECO Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ECO-IEST) based in Tehran
- Mr. Bahram Taheri, senior advisor and Director general in the Ministry of Energy
- Mr. Mohammad Zarbakhsh, Manager of Training and Awareness in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Organization (SATBA)
- Mr. Farshad Moghimi, deputy Director of Planning in Iran Small Industries & Industrial Parks Organization (ISIPO)
During a workshop (download the programme here), held on the 8th of November and organized by UNIDO-ITPO and the Italian Ministry of Environment Land and Sea (IMELS), the institutional representatives presented the Iranian institutional and policy framework related to energy and environment, while UNIDO-ITPO presented the “Catalogue of investment opportunities in energy and environment sectors”, one of the outcomes of the above mentioned project conducted with the support of IMELS.