On May 27th, 2016, the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea (IMELS) and the Ministry of Environment and Energy of the Republic of Costa Rica have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of vulnerability to climate change, risk management, adaptation and mitigation.
The Mid Term Work Plan, approved by the Joint Committee on February 1st, 2018, identifies the following main areas of cooperation:
1. Sustainable energy and energy efficiency;
2. E-Mobility and sustainable urban transport;
3. Sustainable agro-pastoral practices;
4. Climate smart agriculture;
5. Integrated waste management;
6. Early warning system for the reduction of risk of disasters;
7. Integrated water management and sanitation.